Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lemon Bundt Cake= yummy!!!!

Over the past few years I have been building my trust with food. I mostly adore pastry making, but sometimes I go to the other side to cook lemon chicken with my mom. A little bio on myself: I LOVE LOVE LOVVEEEE the food network and anything that is cooking on it. I study cookbooks like they are dictionaries and I cook whenever I have the chance.

My most famous thing I have ever baked is my Lemon Bundt Cake. I make it usually every year during christmas time or every month with me, myself, and my mixer. :) I just love the taste of lemon, brings me to a good state of mind.
Lemon Bundt Cake:

-1 cup of butter
-1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
-1/3 cup lemon juice
-5 eggs
-3 cups of all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-2/3 cup milk

Glaze:
-1 cup of confectioners sugar
-1/2 cup of lemon juice

Prep:
Preheat the oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, combine butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the 1/3 of a cup of lemon juice until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the sifted flour mixture a little at a time, alternating with the milk (EXTRA IMPORTANT!!!) Pour the batter into a buttered or Pam'ed 12-cup Bundt Cake pan (I use a castle). Put it in the ovenfor 50 to 60 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then spread glaze on top.

Glaze:
In a small bowl, blend confectioners' sugar with the 1/2 cup of lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over the cake.







3 comments:

  1. hi im mira and i live in hawaii and i like the idea of ur blog and that sounds yummy. if u can d me a favor, i'll do u one. write about my blog on urs and ill do the same. check it out : mirandasview.blogspot.com or u can email me at mirandasview@gmail.com. bye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, this is fantastic! I can't wait to read more! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mira- sure ill write about you
    Susan- thanks!

    ReplyDelete