Friday, July 2, 2010

Scones for Fathers Day :)




This fathers day I wanted to make something special for my dad... his favorite food is scones. So I decided, WHAT THE HEY?!, I'm gonna make some scones today. I decided to take a recipe from the Urban Baker :) I woke up at 8 o clock, on the dot and I went to the market to get:

-2 cups plus 1/2 tbls of flour
-1 tbls of sugar plus more for sprinkling
-1 tbls of baking powder
-1 tsp of salt
-1/2 lb cold, cubed, unsalted butter
-2 XL eggs
-1/2 cup cold heavy cream
-1/2 small diced, dried fruit
-1 egg beaten w/ 1 tbls water (egg wash)
-any kind of chocolate, 2 cups

I also made some eggs with scallions and mushrooms, and a fruit parfait to start.

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
-In food processor (or in a mixer), combine 2 cups of flour, one tablespoon of sugar, baking powder & salt. Add cold butter and pulse.
-Combine eggs and cream, just until blended. Add in dried fruit and chocolate and any other mixture you want to add.
-Turn dough out onto a floured board and combine.
-Roll the dough to 3/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes.
-Place on baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes.

My mom and dad said BEST SCONE THEY EVER HAD!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment